Happy Wednesday everyone!
So I've been trying not to make a big deal about my birthday because more often than not, I stress myself to high heavens about planning the perfect party with all my friends there and it never 100% pans out. Now with even more of my friends in grad school in various parts of the US, I decided this year I would plan absolutely nothing. And it's been so wonderful, I feel like this day snuck up on me and it was a really pleasant surprise. For a long time I had been planning on this list of things I want to accomplish by next year and since "25 before 25" had such a nice ring to it, here goes!
- Go on at least one international trip.
- Get rid of all the clothes that don't fit me anymore (no excuses!).
- Legitimately run an entire 5K, no walking.
- Spend some time thinking about what truly makes me happy, and go after it.
- Eat at least 5 (new) meals that make my eyes roll to the back of my head.
- Find that "signature dish" that I can bring to potlucks, parties etc.
- Create that beautiful desk space I've been dreaming of.
- Drink at least 1 exorbitantly priced wine.
- Reconnect with 1 friend from the past (learn to forgive...).
- Plan a dinner party with friends.
- Do more things on impulse (minus shopping.. eek).
- Quit buying uncomfortable heels/shoes that I don't really want to wear.
- Send more postal mail because it's so much better than anything you can send virtually.
- Put away a legitimate amount of savings a month. Don't shortchange yourself!
- Do at least 2 things that completely scare me.
- Pray more and Thank God more often.
- Tip an outrageous amont for at least 1 meal where the service was above and beyond.
- Learn how to sew.
- Put some serious work into my fitness journey.
- Donate to a charity or find a cause to fundraise for.
- Hug my brother and sister more often.
- Keep growing my blog but know that what matters most is the quality of reader.
- Do more nice things for Rob because he's the best.
- Cook at least a meal a month for my family.
- Most importantly, when the going gets tough, remember how lucky I am to live my life (pity yourself less).
Eat More. Drink More. Travel More. Nuff said. - Rima at Bolu by Rima
Start each day, like it's your birthday. - Kristine at The Foley Fam
If I were going to tell my 24 year old self something it'd be to figure out what exactly you think you want out of life/work/etc and go for it. It's much easier when you're younger. Just do it. And if you change your mind along the way, that's okay. Have fun with your friends and family. Take chances and do the things you love. Tuck away some money into a savings account because you never know what may happen. Life does go on. A lot of those things I tell myself now too. I don't think that much changes as you get older. Or maybe in my head I'm just still a lot younger. I don't know. 🙂 - Melissa at Insert Sarcastic Remark Here
Don't be afraid of the future. You can do anything you want at 24 and all the decisions you make now lay the foundation for your future. Don't be afraid to make the decisions that will make you happy. - Brighton at Dear Brighton
Be flexible. Be open for change... Change within yourself and change within others. You have to learn to forgive yourself as well as others because mistakes will happen and there will be plenty. Lastly, it's ok to let go and often times it's necessary for you to heal and move forward. Learn to let go of pride, sadness, anger and sometimes you have to be willing to let go of people too. Mostly... Enjoy life, live in the moment, love and embrace the people around you and mostly embrace and accept yourself. - Chris at Chubbette Tales
Don't you just love them?! Because I do! Thanks ladies!
Feel free to leave me birthday advice or tell me what you would tell your 24-year old self!
Quick shoutout to my parents, my 24th birthday wouldn't be possible without you two! Love you!