I live near Sacramento, up in Northern California and this is why I love it:
1. Sacramento is perfectly placed for day trips. We’re only 2 hours from the snow in Lake Tahoe, 2 hours from wine in Napa Valley, 3 hours from the beach in Santa Cruz, 2 hours from the city of San Francisco and 2.5 hours from nature in Calaveras. The only downside is that Disneyland/LA is roughly 6.5 hours away.
2. The weather. Hot summers and very little rain!
3. We’re an up and coming foodie city!
Okay, I know I mention her more times than I could count but I really admire Emily from Anna Delores Photography. When I found Emily’s blog, she blogged about photography. Then when we met for the first time in person, Emily talked about starting photography as a full time job. Today, she’s a well established wedding photographer with a brand new office and tons of satisfied clients. I swear it sounds like I’m a total fangirl over here but I’m so proud to have a friend who started her own business and is living her dream, everyday!
Surprise family vacation and an engagement? Best day of my entire life, hands down.
I think my favorite would have to be PJ Christmas day. We celebrate a dressy dinner at our house on Christmas Eve when we open up presents and eat ridiculous amounts of food but the next day we go to my aunts’ house and dress in our pajamas for brunch and play with all our toys. Most memorable present? When we got Just Dance for the Wii and we had everyone up dancing! (Picture of PJ Christmas circa 2010)
I’m dyingggg to learn how to sew. I finally bought a class on groupon but have yet to go so I’ll keep you all posted. I’d also love to learn how to scuba dive and speak another language fluently.
I’m definitely at my best when I’m surrounded by friends and family. I naturally prefer social environments (a.k.a. not a fan of alone time) and I’m happiest when surrounded by the people that know me best. I’m also very much a morning person, I need to be surrounded by natural light and I’m in the best mood after I’ve eaten. If I’m ever alone, starving and in the dark, don’t approach me (unless you have food!).
So they can pick 6 of these questions:
1. What is the motto/quote that defines your life?
2. Who is the most influential person in your life?
3. Favorite childhood snack?
4. What’s your favorite thing to buy that’s under $20?
5. What 3 words define your blog?
6. If you get any college major in the world, what would you choose?
7. Where is your favorite place in the world?
8. If you could break one law with no penalties, what would it be?
9. What is your favorite day of the year?
And since I love getting to know my readers, I’d love if you’d also pick at least one of those questions above and answer it in a comment below! Answer them all if you’d like!