For casual Friday and with my 25th birthday just around the corner (13 days to be exact!), I thought it’d be a good time to check in on my 25 before 25, so I push myself in these last 2 weeks!
- Go on at least one international trip.
-CHECK. We had dinner in Canada in November. Originally we were supposed to go to Europe but then our engagement happened and Europe money turned into wedding fund.
- Get rid of all the clothes that don’t fit me anymore (no excuses!).
- In Progress. Will do more of this, this weekend!
- Legitimately run an entire 5K, no walking.
- Spend some time thinking about what truly makes me happy, and go after it.
- In Progress. I’ve made a lot of changes in my life this past year and I’m working towards this!
- Eat at least 5 (new) meals that make my eyes roll to the back of my head.
1. Cactus Club Cafe (Vancouver, Canada) – Butternut squash + prawn ravioli: artisan made butternut squash and mascarpone ravioli, truffle butter sauce, sautéed jumbo prawns.
2. Joey Lake Union (Seattle, WA) – Fully Loaded Crispy Mashed Potatoes
3. Brenda’s Soul Food (San Francisco, CA) – Fried Chicken Eggs Benedict
4. Bacon and Butter (Sacramento, CA) – Fried Green Tomato Eggs Benedict.
5. Devine Gelateria (Sacramento, CA) – Hazelnut Gelato. I know this isn’t a meal but when I had it, my eyes rolled to the back of my head FOR SURE.
- Find that “signature dish” that I can bring to potlucks, parties etc.
- In Progress.
- Create that beautiful desk space I’ve been dreaming of.
- Waiting to do this until Rob and I find our apartment! So probably won’t be done in time!
- Drink at least 1 exorbitantly priced wine.
- In Progress, how have I not done this yet? Maybe my actual birthDAY
- Reconnect with 1 friend from the past (learn to forgive…).
- Plan a dinner party with friends.
- This one will have to roll over into next year!
- Do more things on impulse (minus shopping.. eek).
-CHECK. Especially in the last month, I’ve been planning less and playing it by ear!
- Quit buying uncomfortable heels/shoes that I don’t really want to wear.
- CHECK. I legitimately have not bought 1 pair of uncomfortable shoes in the last year! I saved a buttload of money…
- Send more postal mail because it’s so much better than anything you can send virtually. - CHECK. I sent a bunch of Valentines day cards.
- Put away a legitimate amount of savings a month. Don’t shortchange yourself! - CHECK. I am a savings machine for this wedding!
- Do at least 2 things that completely scare me.
1. Quit my job recently. That was absolutely terrifying.
2. Post “progress” pictures of my weight loss online. Just thinking about people seeing my before picture makes me shudder.
- Pray more and Thank God more often.
- Tip an outrageous amount for at least 1 meal where the service was above and beyond.
- In Progress, I will do this before my birthday!
- Learn how to sew.
- In Progress, does buying a groupon for a class count?
- Put some serious work into my fitness journey.
- CHECK and CHECK.
- Donate to a charity or find a cause to fundraise for.
- In Progress: it’s going to Melissa and her 100 quilts project. <<<<< Check it out!
- Hug my brother and sister more often.
- CHECK. Ask my brother, I’m annoying about it.
- Keep growing my blog but know that what matters most is the quality of reader.
- Eh In Progress. I stopped growing for awhile but I am pleasantly surprised by the consistent readers I had despite my blog breaks.
- Do more nice things for Rob because he’s the best.
- CHECK but always In Progress. I try to be thoughtful as often as I can.
- Cook at least a meal a month for my family
- Fail. Womp womp. Can I cook like 5 meals in the next 2 weeks that count for the other months I didn’t?
- Most importantly, when the going gets tough, remember how lucky I am to live my life (pity yourself less).
Reading over this list makes me so proud of this past year. I think it’s hard to tell but when I wrote this list, I was pretty unhappy and feeling unfulfilled on my 24th birthday. Last year, I blogged more frequently in search of finding pleasure in other places and this year, I blogged less because I was finally enjoying myself. A lot of things on this list were meant to push me to do things out of my comfort zone or better myself and in the process, I really think it worked. The other day I just thought to myself, “25 is going to be a great year,” and I’m so excited for what the coming year will bring.
An update for those of you cheering us on in the apartment process: It has been an arduous month. We’ve fallen in love with at least 2 places and been incredibly disappointed in various parts of the process like deceiving ads and hidden charges. It’s been a trying experience realizing what you truly want in a “home”. But we saw another place last night that I’m feeling optimistic about… so feel free to send us good vibes!
This weekend, I plan on planning NOTHING and just playing it by ear. And I guess I should start working on my 26 before 26…
Give me suggestions for things to put on my 26 before 26 list in the comments!