Since it is officially my half birthday, I thought it'd be appropriate to do a mid-way check in on my 25 before 25.
- Go on at least one international trip.
- Bah humbug. Rob and I had been planning a trip to Europe before wedding savings came into play. But technically, our trip to Canada (Oct 2012) fulfills this goal.
- Get rid of all the clothes that don't fit me anymore (no excuses!).
- I've done 2 Goodwill runs this year already! I keep telling myself if I "fit back" into those clothes, I deserve some new clothes anyways so out with the old!
- Legitimately run an entire 5K, no walking.
- Spend some time thinking about what truly makes me happy, and go after it.
- I'm slowlyyyy working on this. It comes in waves.
- Eat at least 5 (new) meals that make my eyes roll to the back of my head.
- 1. Cactus Club Cafe (Vancouver, Canada) - Butternut squash + prawn ravioli: artisan made butternut squash and mascarpone ravioli, truffle butter sauce, sautéed jumbo prawns.
- 2. Joey Lake Union (Seattle, WA) - Fully Loaded Crispy Mashed Potatoes
- 3. Brenda's Soul Food (San Francisco, CA) - Fried Chicken Eggs Benedict
- Find that "signature dish" that I can bring to potlucks, parties etc.
- Working on this. I've tried: Nutella Cookie Cups, Chicken Bacon Pasta, Baked Potato Dip, Sundried Tomato Penne Pasta
- Create that beautiful desk space I've been dreaming of.
- Drink at least 1 exorbitantly priced wine.
- Reconnect with 1 friend from the past (learn to forgive...).
- Plan a dinner party with friends.
- Do more things on impulse (minus shopping.. eek).
- Rob and I have been "going out" more often even if we don't have plans. That's as impulsive as it gets around here folks. Oh and I spent 2 car payment's worth of money on a personal trainer, that's definitely an IMPULSE.
- Quit buying uncomfortable heels/shoes that I don't really want to wear.
- Check! I haven't bought one of pair of nonsense shoes since my birthday, they've all been appropriate work wedges, no sky high heels.
Send more postal mail because it's so much better than anything you can send virtually.- Valentines Day was a major success in snail mail.
Put away a legitimate amount of savings a month. Don't shortchange yourself!- Since wedding planning, I've been religious about savings! If I had saved like this for the past two years... I would be a richer person.
- Do at least 2 things that completely scare me.
- Pray more and Thank God more often.
- Tip an outrageous amont for at least 1 meal where the service was above and beyond.
- Learn how to sew.
- Put some serious work into my fitness journey.
- Hired a trainer for an exorbitant amount of money. Check.
- Donate to a charity or find a cause to fundraise for.
- Hug my brother and sister more often.
- I do this as often as I can!
- Keep growing my blog but know that what matters most is the quality of reader.
- Since my birthday, I opened up blog swaps and continued to make amazing new bloggy friends I couldn't be more thankful for. While Simply Evani remains a work in progress, the most important thing to me is the connections I make!
- Do more nice things for Rob because he's the best.
- Psh, I made that man dinner last night. 😉 I bought him tickets to Vegas for his 25th birthday, that's pretty nice right?
- Cook at least a meal a month for my family.
- This is not going well. MUST DO BETTER.
- Most importantly, when the going gets tough, remember how lucky I am to live my life (pity yourself less).
- I can do better at this one.
Lastly, thanks to the lovely people at the Paramount Pictures online team, I was sent an amazing "Girls Night In" kit that featured the new Cirque Du Soleil: Worlds Away. Since seeing the shows in person isn't always in my budget, I was beyond happy to get a chance to watch Cirque from home with some of my girlfriends!
They sent over this amazing package full of goodies for my girls' night, including the Cirque Du Soleil: Worlds Away Blu-ray and DVD, the Beatles LOVE album from the Cirque show, a t-shirt, a cinch bag, a water bottle and some tasty popcorn. The Cirque Du Soleil: Worlds Away movie was an absolute treat, with the mesmerizing acrobatics and romantic story that weaves the characters seamlessly in and out of the Cirque worlds. Did I mention it was executive produced by James Cameron (yea, the guy behind Avatar!)? This is a perfect way to experience some of the 7 Vegas-based Cirque shows in the comfort of your own home so throw in a little wine, some girlfriends plus World's Away and you're set for a great night in. Cirque Du Soleil: Worlds Away is available in stores now (I recommend the Blu-ray pack because it comes with extra features and a digital copy).
Also, if you end up REALLY wanting to do see a Cirque show after purchasing the movie, all the Blu-ray and DVD copies will include a 20% discount offer on select Cirque shows (valid until December 31, 2013). So if you're a Cirque fan to begin with, make sure to pick up the movie!
Disclaimer: I was sent the girls' night in package free of charge, however all opinions are 100% mine.
Have you ever seen a Cirque show? What's your idea of the perfect girls' night in movie?