Hey ya’ll! These last few weeks have been all about getting my life squared away for 2014, so here are some updates!
- With the new year, I started a new position at work as a Project Manager. It’s exciting and frightening at the same time. Someday soon I plan to blog about the field I work in because it’s a cause that hits very close to home. But for now, I’ll tell ya my mind is FRIED at the end of the day now. In a really good way.
- I’m obsessed with juicing! For our bridal shower, someone got us an amazon gift card and a few days later, our $30 juicer was on its way. Since then, I look forward to juicing any chance I can get. We started out with every weekend and now we’re juicing for breakfast every morning. And we definitely worked our way to green juice, lately with 95% vegetables and 5% fruit! Better than any caffeine boost to start my morning. Any other juicing fanatics out there?
- Wedding. It’s definitely accelerating quickly, as it should less than 5 months out. The good news is that I think I’ve convinced Rob to hire a wedding planner for the day-of and we’re meeting with one next week! The bad news, we’re over budget. No surprise here.
- After falling off the wagon when we moved to Midtown (3 months ago), Rob and I have started training again! It’s with a new gym, literally 3 blocks away that does crossfit-type circuits in a group environment. Taking a fitness hiatus for 3 months basically makes it feel like I’m starting at square 1, every muscle in my body aches for DAYS after a workout. But it’s good knowing we’re getting back into it. And we signed up for the Disneyland 10K in August!
- Inspired by the lovely Setarra, Rob and I are also on a restaurant diet, meaning we’re restricting our eating out habit. We decided on only 3 meals a week which I know seems like a lot to some people. But considering we spend at least 2 dinners a week with friends, that leaves us one more meal for date night! I didn’t realize that most of the time we’ve lived in Midtown, we’d eat as many as 6-8 meals out a week (lunch and dinner on the weekend already counted as 4!) so I’m officially living in my kitchen cooking now.
I know this is a pretty ho hum post but hey, it’s an update none the less.
Stay tuned for a post next week, it features my favorite wine and a fun Valentines Day giveaway!
What’s new with you?
Miss you, love you!