Once upon a time, I had a blog. The end.
So I won't bore you with the details but being a real adult is HARD. Haha. Apparently, Rob and I lived a lavish life at home with our parents. Our new living situation is amazing and I wouldn't take it back for the world but the sheer amount of time I now spend cooking, washing dishes, bundling up trash and picking up the living room has been a wake up call. Also, we are socializing 150% more than we did before so there just seems to be less hours in the day. It's been amazing and fun and awesome. Okay, end rant.
For Wedding Wednesday, I wanted to share one of my FAVORITE weddings to date! This past weekend, one of my Tridelta sisters (actually our classy fabulous Presidente) Erin married her long time boyfriend (and Sig Ep) Seth. They chose a breath taking venue, served amazing food, unlimited drinks and the DJ was out of this world. Give me an open bar and some hit songs of the 2000s (a.k.a. Freek-a-leek by Petey Pablo), I guarantee I will dance my pants off.
Gorgeous right? It was at the Mission Inn in Riverside and the center patio made it feel like I spent an afternoon in Italy. The church was so intimate and their vows were perfect for them.
It was the PERFECT night and felt a little like Fall Formal circa 2008. Except we had unlimited drinks and no one would get sent home for puking before the bus ride. [For the record, that is not from personal experience. I made it to EVERY SINGLE formal.] Basically we did the dougie, danced a little cupid shuffle, and then drank countless "Woo-Hoos" at the open bar. Rob was especially fun after a few drinks himself ;). It was an amazing night and I can't wait for the next time all of us Tridelts reunite!
Things I learned at this wedding that I will absolutely use in mine:
1. It was already in our game plan but OPEN BAR. Even if there is no food, there will be drinks (JK we will have food. I think.).
2. The more the guests know each other, the more fun the party! Considering there were a million Tridelts there, we were free to let loose because we were already comfortable with each other. I'm on a mission to get as many of our guests to meet as possible in the next 8 months!
3. Personal vows = a must have. Not sure how I'm going to get through them without crying hysterically but personalization makes the ceremony so beautiful.
4. Hashtags. Not only the standard #BrideGroomName but hashtags for everything fun. Memorable quotes, snippets from amazing toasts, hit songs played, etc. #WheresRob #Christina #Yolandaaaa
5. MUSIC. A good DJ is absolutely vital. We could not get over how incredible their DJ was. I want to spent the next 8 months crafting the perfect mix for our guests to dance their pants off.
Anyhoots, thank you Erin and Seth for throwing the most incredible wedding and inviting us! I can only hope my wedding will be as epic.
Feel free to suggest a song for our playlist! (Pop and Rap hits of the 2000's are welcomed with open arms.)