Happy Thursday everyone!
Awhile back, the lovely Katrine of Make it & Fake it was on vacation in Chicago and she asked me to guest post on her amazing blog (Katrine's was one of the FIRST blogs I ever commented on and followed). I figured now is as best a time as ever to share this with my readers too! Happy Blog Birthday (+1 day) to Make it & Fake it!
** Don't you hate typos on Photoshop files? Ugh baking POWDER.
Recipes adapted from Makoodle. I changed some of the proportions and excluded a few ingredients to fit my needs.
Sugar Cookie Recipe:
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup butter, softened
- 1.5 eggs (literally broke open an egg and only threw in "half" of an egg. Lol)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 3 Cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- In a stand mixer, cream the sugar and butter. Add eggs, vanilla and sour cream until well combined. Slowly add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and keep refrigerated for at least 2 hours.
- Once dough is chilled, roll it out and cut with cookie cutter. Set oven at 350 degrees and bake for roughly 11 minutes (less if you roll your dough out thin). Let the cookies cool before decorating.
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar, add more for consistency
- Cream softened butter and cream cheese together then add vanilla.
- Slowly add powdered sugar to desired consistency. You might need more powdered sugar if you want firmer icing.
It's not often I eat a ton of my own baking creations but boy did I eat tons of these. I would have to say they come out with more of a"soft" shortbread taste rather than traditional sugar cookie but they were delicious. I used the Brown Eyed Baker's tutorial to attempt to ice my cookies and clearly I'm a first timer... Also, I don't recommend using cream cheese frosting to frost cookies using the flooding method. But overall, definitely give this cookie recipe a try!
I am having an epic week of running around with my head chopped off, hot gluing my fingers together and basically, party planning. This weekend, I'm helping coordinate a Thank You party for my work with approximately 800 RSVP'd guests with 3 simultaneous (rain) storm systems headed our way. Did I mention a flood warning? And I'm in charge of the carnival, the bulk of the activities... I'm SO excited because it's going to be so much fun but I'm a liiiiiitle stressed too.
I'll be back tomorrow with a fun surprise for my Let's Get Physical ladies. I'll also be blogging (slash crying) about how I've gone over 302 days without a single McDonalds french fry... See you tomorrow!