Well its official, I'm crossed over the midway mark of the 20s and am officially closer to 30 than I am to 21. Haha thank God for that, 21 was a year I couldn't possibly do again. 😉
26 man, it feels good. Also, can I tell you how excited I am to turn 26 on the 26th?! For someone who has a weird thing about even numbers, it makes my OCD heart sing.
What's changed since 25?
- Rob and I moved in to Midtown together. (We moved in a few days after my 25th birthday)
- We ended up adopting not 1, but 2 dogs together. Our Shay and Hunter.
- Had the best bachelorette night ever in Vegas. Epic.
- I started my first management position at work.
- I took my first overnight work trip and had a hotel room solo for the first time ever.
- I met the Backstreet Boys, fulfilling my 12 year old dreams.
- After 8 years together, Rob and I finally tied the knot.
- Then we took our first international trip together to Cabo.
- I feel madly, passionately, deeply in love with Cabo. (ha)
- Rob started a live-in law enforcement training academy.
It's been a busy year, and a BIG one for major life transitions. For someone who's not keen on change, this year has been ALL about change and 26 isn't looking any different!
So for my 26th birthday, I've decided to give myself a new yearly challenge, largely based on my new obsession with Gordon Ramsay and the desire to be a skilled wife in the kitchen. For the next 365 days, I will challenge myself to cook 1 gourmet meal a week. Gourmet is up to interpretation, since some weeks will be lamb chops with balsamic reduction and others might be a simple go-to mashed potato recipe (that can become a staple on our Thanksgiving table) but I'm looking to improve my skills in the kitchen, learn how to work with more unique ingredients but also find some signature dishes that I'll make forever. I'm also on the hunt for a Le Creuset (thanks to Rima, Melissa and Gordon) to help me achieve my goal so let me know if you spot any for a good price!
I am so lucky to have lived such a blessed life, largely thanks to my wonderful parents. How they raised a child (as crazy as me) at 19 is utterly beyond me and everything good in my life, I owe to them. Thanks for eating oranges for dinner when all you could afford was baby formula, I love you Mommy and Daddy!
My first birthday party!
A now aged and old Evani