Wedding Progress (sprinkled w/ some humor)

Planning a wedding has been a complete rollercoaster. 17% of the time, I feel excited and in control, the other 83%, I'm terrified and certain that death is approaching.

WeddingCryLol okay this isn't true, I'll cry about EVERYTHING but it's still funny. Source

I was so anxious to get engaged to evade the "So when are you guys getting engaged already?!" question but nothing compares to the anxiousness I feel when someone asks "How's wedding planning going?". Not only does a wedding have the pressure of being "the best day of your life" but it's singlehandedly the most expensive thing Rob and I have ever been responsible for. If that's not stress, I don't know what is.

help-me-im-poorFact: This is my favorite moment in the movie. Source

Another Fact: If you hate people who quote Bridesmaids, we officially cannot be friends.

But after 8 months in a state of panic, wedding planning is finally feeling less like impending doom. We've learned this whole process goes smoother if I have a glass of wine in my hand. I'm also lucky to have a pretty fabulous bridal party (and my family) in the middle of planning my bridal party. Then I went to mass recently at our church and I got really excited about how beautiful it will be on our big day. But the biggest change has been how incredibly wonderful it is to live with Rob. He's validated the best part of planning a wedding: the affirmation of our love and life together. Being roommates has shown me how truly lucky I am to have such a thoughtful and giving man in my life. He pours me the wine, what can I say?

funny-man-pouring-wine-glass-girlThis is us in a nutshell.Β Source

In the past few weeks, we finally signed up for our joint checkings account (to pay for the remainder of wedding expenses), picked out save the dates, and bought Rob's wedding ring. Do you guys know how affordable mens wedding bands are?!? CRAZY. We took my ring to get cleaned at the jewelry store he bought mine at and while we waited, Rob tried a few rings on just for fun. He liked a few, we asked the price and my jaw DROPPED. I pulled out my card on that spot. I mean, it was just that affordable (or maybe I thought it was in comparison to what I imagine mine was?). Anyways, I'm just glad wedding planning isn't making me want to crawl into a dark hole anymore but ask me again in a few months.

So for any fellow brides-to-be who don't feel like sunshine is radiating from your butt during the wedding planning process, join the club. Just know, it gets better (I think) and if not, grab a bottle and bring it over to my place so we get the party started!


Related posts:

11 thoughts on “Wedding Progress (sprinkled w/ some humor)

  1. Girl, I feel like a broken record every time I comment about wedding planning on your blog which is that Charles and I still haven't started. The minute we even have one idea, the stress creeps up on us and then we both start thinking, "Let's Elope!" haha. I'm so happy you're making some moves so far in regards to your plans. Maybe that's what we're missing ... The alcohol? I'll make sure to whip out the wine next time Charles and I start thinking about wedding planning πŸ™‚

  2. It's good to hear that men's rings are affordable since women's are NOT haha! I can only imagine how stressful it is, but it will all be worth it once the day comes πŸ™‚

  3. I love how realistic you are about wedding planning–I'm sure it's fun but it is ALSO a ton of work (so I've heard haha). I'm sure that your day is going to be perfect no matter are marrying each other, after all!

  4. I was pretty darn stressed out near the end of planning. I consumed A LOT of wine. And I couldn't believe how affordable men's rings were! My hubby's was 1/10 of the cost of mine! CRAZY!

  5. oh yes i heard men's rings are super affordable. ah wedding planning. just thinking about it (i'm not even engaged yet) makes my stomach turn. urgh! almost there, girlie πŸ™‚

  6. Anyone who's been a bride completely understands what you went through and are currently going through. I'll admit, it was difficult to stay on budget and make decisions in a timely manner (hello indecisiveness over here)! Rest assured that the more you get figured out now, the easier it will be when the wedding date gets closer. I couldn't agree more about living with your fiance, I loved that part too. It makes you feel amazing to know that regardless of wedding plans, you'll be married and you'll get to build a life together!

    xo jen
    Pearls & Lace

  7. Enjoy your glass(es) of wine, and just remember that no matter what you choose, it will be a beautiful day! The weddings I've been to have ranged from extremely simple to fairly ornate and all of them were such happy celebrations. Try your best to enjoy the process as the actual day is going to go by really quickly!

Comments are closed.